Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2015

iBall Andi Collar B9 review: Really good but not the best




iBall recently launched the all new iBall Andi’s Collar B9 Bluetooth headphones for Rs.1399. This headphones can be charged through Bluetooth and you can also connect the headphones to 2 smartphones at one time. However it is hard to find why you would need to do so. So should you consider this pair of headphones. Read our review to know more.

The headphones have a long-distance connectivity as well. I left my phone at my work desk and walked to one end of the office, and the music played just fine.

The battery of these headphones will easily last you for more than a week. I had the headphones playing music constantly for eight hours one day and the battery levels, which are reflected on your connect mobile, was still around 60-70 per cent which is decent given the price of Collar B9. 

It’s easy to connect the headphones to your smartphone. Once the headphones are switched on, you need to keep the volume button pressed up, still the blue and red light blink together, you’ll hear a voice in the headphones saying “Connected”.




In terms of design, the ‘Extra ear cushions’ and ‘Rubber ear pads’ is not the best fit or really comfortable and I kept worrying that these would pop out of my ear. Also I was not too keen on having that plastic wire, connecting the earbuds, stick to the back of my neck. 

Where audio quality goes, don’t expect anything great. In fact, if you keep pushing the volume up, the music starts cracking, and when a set of headphones makes Lorde sound different, I know these are not for me. For someone like me, headphones are still about the music.

Verdict 

If mobile calls are your primary need for getting a pair of wireless Bluetooth headphones, then there are many other options available in the market from Jabra, Samsung, JBL, Sony, Skullcandy etc, depending on your budget. If you’re looking for audio quality, Collar B9 is really good but not the best option given the below-average sound quality, despite the budget price. 


No comments:

Post a Comment